Welcome to Great Hearts Archway Scottsdale, Serving Grades K-5
Archway Scottsdale is a part of the Great Hearts network of non-profit public charter schools dedicated to improving education nationwide through classical liberal arts academies. By engaging a well-rounded program in a vibrant school culture, our students are prepared for success in college, leadership in any field in which they choose to endeavor and a life filled with purpose. With a curriculum built upon a classical liberal arts tradition and a revolutionary approach to school itself, Great Hearts cultivates the hearts and minds of students in the pursuit of Truth, Goodness and Beauty.
Each student will be provided with a durable foundation in reading, writing, arithmetic, geometry, science, literature and history. In addition, our curriculum includes Spanish, fine arts and P.E.
Please strictly follow the release times given for your grade-level:
2:55 pm K-2 (without siblings)
3:15 pm 3-5 (and siblings from K-2)
- Do not enter the car line early for 2nd pick-up; you will be asked to circle.
- Plan to come later (after 3:20 pm) rather than earlier; this will help with the congestion.
- ACS Policy on Returning to Classroom for Forgotten Items
Please note that the school does not allow for students to reenter the school after they have been picked up by their authorized adult to retrieve forgotten books, lunch boxes, etc. This policy is in place for the safety of students and also to increase the virtue of responsibility in our students. Teachers work diligently during pack up to assist students in recording assignments and gathering needed materials to complete their homework. Students and/or parents are not allowed to be in classrooms without a teacher present at any time. Most afternoons, our teachers are in meetings or preparing materials in other parts of the campus so there is no supervision should a student return. Feel free to utilize the Family Directory to contact other parents in your class to get homework details, or reach out on the PSO Facebook group!
Campus Traffic Flow
- Please use the car line to drop-off and pick-up. Your yellow placard should be clearly displayed on the driver’s side to pick up your student(s).
- Families choosing to use the walk-up option park in the school’s parking lot only. Please bring your yellow placard for identification.
- Do not park on North 94th Street
- Do not park in local businesses
- Use designated crosswalks
Obey all traffic laws in and around the campus!
Early Release Pick-Up Schedule
Please strictly follow the times given for your grade-level:
11:45 am K-2 (without siblings)
12:05 pm 3-5 (and siblings from K-2)
If you have students at SPA who walk over, they will not arrive at ACS until 12:25 pm.
If you have older students (3-5 or SPA) do not enter the traffic line until 12:05 pm.