Welcome to Great Hearts Archway Scottsdale, Serving Grades K-5
Archway Scottsdale is a part of the Great Hearts network of non-profit public charter schools dedicated to improving education nationwide through classical liberal arts academies. By engaging a well-rounded program in a vibrant school culture, our students are prepared for success in college, leadership in any field in which they choose to endeavor and a life filled with purpose. With a curriculum built upon a classical liberal arts tradition and a revolutionary approach to school itself, Great Hearts cultivates the hearts and minds of students in the pursuit of Truth, Goodness and Beauty.
Each student will be provided with a durable foundation in reading, writing, arithmetic, geometry, science, literature and history. In addition, our curriculum includes Spanish, fine arts and P.E.
Barrett-Jackson Traffic Directions
In working with the Scottsdale Police Department, we have devised the following traffic plan for next week. 94th Street will be closed southbound at Bell Road throughout the week, which will curtail cars from entering the campus in their normal way. Please watch for Barrett-Jackson shuttle buses that will be using the easement to access Westworld!
Those coming for conferences, Athenaeum pick-up or Solis Ortus drop-off should follow the same route!
To accommodate the traffic plan, the school times will need to be adjusted as follows:
- 11:30 am: Kindergarten, first and second grades will dismiss. Cars should again enter from 92nd Street, SPA entrance.
- 11:45 am: 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grades, as well as younger siblings, will dismiss. Cars should again enter from 92nd Street, SPA entrance.
- 12:15 pm: Students with older Prep siblings and students riding buses will be held until 12:15 pm when SPA dismisses. All 6-8th grade SPA siblings will be dismissed if you have signed the SPA permission slip for them to be dismissed for shared pick-up.
- 12:30 pm: ACS Dismissal complete and buses leave for drop off at satellite sites.
NEW TRAFFIC PLAN: ALL traffic for ACS and SPA will be required to enter from 92nd Street through the Scottsdale Prep entrance. All cars will then proceed through the lanes for Scottsdale Prep. ACS/Prep shared families and ACS only families should stay to the right and use the B lane. After driving through the Scottsdale Prep lanes, ACS families will make a right into the south side of the ACS parking lot and proceed to the ACS lanes. After picking up children, parents will exit at 94th Street as usual following Scottsdale PD Officer instructions.
All families will need to access both school properties from the west on Bahia. Traffic will not be allowed use of 94th Street southbound. Only northbound traffic will be allowed on 94th Street.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Mr. Eric Hull, Assistant Headmaster, at email@example.com.
Please strictly follow the release times given for your grade-level:
2:55 pm K-2 (without siblings)
3:15 pm 3-5 (and siblings from K-2)
- Do not enter the car line early for 2nd pick-up; you will be asked to circle.
- Plan to come later (after 3:20 pm) rather than earlier; this will help with the congestion.
Campus Traffic Flow
- Please use the car line to drop-off and pick-up. Your yellow placard should be clearly displayed on the driver’s side to pick up your student(s).
- Families choosing to use the walk-up option park in the school’s parking lot only. Please bring your yellow placard for identification.
- Do not park on North 94th Street
- Do not park in local businesses
- Use designated crosswalks
Obey all traffic laws in and around the campus!
Early Release Pick-Up Schedule
Please strictly follow the times given for your grade-level:
11:45 am K-2 (without siblings)
12:05 pm 3-5 (and siblings from K-2)
If you have students at SPA who walk over, they will not arrive at ACS until 12:25 pm.
If you have older students (3-5 or SPA) do not enter the traffic line until 12:05 pm.